The Principal as Staff Developer
Principals who hope to promote organization development by focusing on the professional growth of staff should consider the following 10 suggestions.
- Create consensus on the school you are trying to become.
- Identify, promote, and protect shared values.
- Monitor the critical elements of the school improvement effort.
- Ensure systematic collaboration throughout the school.
- Encourage experimentation.
- Model a commitment to professional growth.
- Provide one-on-one staff development.
- Provide staff development programs that are purposeful and research based.
- Promote individual and organizational self efficacy.
- Stay the course.
For further explanation please read this article 15principalasstaffdeveloper by Richard DuFour and Timothy Berkey.
Categories: School Leaders